Enable Anti-virus scan by domain

Enable Anti-virus scan by domain

Postby waterman34 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:10 pm

Hey support

This would be a really excellent modification for AMS and fantastic for mail admins to upsell services, so rather than the anti-virus scanning mail for all domains, it only scans mail for enabled domains.

This gives us mail admins the option to upsell anti-virus scanning to each domain for either incoming mail, outgoing mail or both without adding the burden on the system of having to scan mail for every domain on the system if the function is enabled.

What do you think?
waterman34

Re: Enable Anti-virus scan by domain

Postby rob » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:28 am

That is indeed a very good idea and something I have forwarded to the rest of the team.

Thanks!
rob

Postby waterman34 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:39 pm

Thought I should actually post another point on this as well after crawling the net and seeing how other companies seem to operate and upsell anti-virus scanning for mailboxes.

It would probably be an even better idea to enable anti-virus scanning by users rather than domains so you have the flexibility of enabling all users under a domain if you wanted or the flexibility to enable only selected users. Because if it worked for domains rather than users, you could end up scanning mail from 100's of email accounts under one domain so by users only, it provides the best of both worlds that you can upsell 'per mailbox' or if you still wanted, can upsell per domain and just enable every user.

That would be perfect from everyones perspective?
waterman34

Postby rob » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:58 am

In my original suggestion I thought to include the idea that this could also be for individual users too and also groups. But again, thank you for this good suggestion, we are always happy to recieve good ideas.
rob

Return to Suggestions