Greylisting Idea

Greylisting Idea

Postby KrisC » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:45 am

To help with potential problems with greylisting (even though there are few). Have the greylist learn from accounts that are sending mail out, and temporarily whitelist those domain / email address's.

Thanks
Kris
KrisC

Re: Greylisting Idea

Postby Code Crafters » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:59 am

You can already use the SPAM white list for any domains you want and can also enable the relaying exemption option on the same page to allow local accounts to skip SPAM filtering altogether.
Code Crafters

Postby m1byo » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:03 pm

I know I am adding to an old suggestion, however I think it is something that may be very useful.

Would it be possible to configure greylisting to learn from outgoing emails that are sent through the SMTP server so that they are added to the greylist exception list.

There would need to be some limitations where:
Automatic replies (such as failure notices) did not get included.
Potentially the possibility to include / exclude certain accounts that would not contribute to the list.
A way of selecting which other emails are specifically excluded in the same way that content filtering decides what to do with an email.
Potentially only include outgoing emails that have successfully passed SMTP authentication.

Thanks Very much

Ian
m1byo

Postby Code Crafters » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:08 am

I'll forward your suggestion to the team. This is more of an automatic SPAM white list than grey list though.
Code Crafters

Return to Suggestions