Moving spam mails

Moving spam mails

Postby jazzy » Mon May 04, 2009 3:52 pm

Hi,

For the spam detection, you give the option to deleting mail marked as spam or moving it to a folder under the account from which it was received. Because I have about 10 accounts and I get an enormous amount of spam, I have to log in to each account daily to do a quick check on the spam and empty the folder. (Quick check to make sure there aren't any non-spam mails in the spam folder. That occassionally can happen.) Something that would be great for me would be an option to move messages marked as spam to another account (like spam@domain.com). That way, I could check the spam for all maxilboxes at once and empty it. I could check the header of a spam message to see which account it was sent to in case it really isn't spam.

Make sense? It might not be helpful for everyone but it would definitely save me some time.

Thanks!
jazzy

Re: Moving spam mails

Postby rob » Wed May 06, 2009 11:58 am

This is indeed possible and can be done via content filtering. Basically create an account that will handle all your SPAM, then create a content filtering rule which has a condition SPAM Flag Set, which then redirects the mail to the new account. This will intercept any mail that has the SPAM flag enabled and redirect to the new accunt before the mail is delivered to your users. Of course the only issue from this is getting the false positives mails back into the account they belong, but this can be done via multiple IMAP4 account within a single mail client (drag and dropping the mails back inot the appropiate inbox).
rob

Re: Moving spam mails

Postby jazzy » Wed May 06, 2009 5:23 pm

Rob,

Thanks a lot. That seems to be working great! 99% of the messages are spam, so it won't be a problem to move or forward a few back to its original destination account.
jazzy

Return to Suggestions