Mailing List Archive

Mailing List Archive

Postby m1byo » Wed May 20, 2009 12:52 pm

Hello,

It would be really good if there was the facility to have a html mailing list archive which was viewable from the internet either as a password protected section or an open-to-all account.

It would also be very good if this could be on a separate page (e.g. host headers) so webmail.domain gives you the normal webmail page and archive.domain gives you the mailing list archive(s)

At the moment I am running another mailing list application which is downloading the emails to the mailing list from a pop3 account hosted on the server, and then converts them to a website and uploads them back to the website over FTP.
This is a bit of a roundabout way of doing it, but at the moment it is the only way I have got!

Thanks

Ian
m1byo

Re: Mailing List Archive

Postby rob » Fri May 22, 2009 10:44 am

Thank you for the suggestion. When you mean a mailing list archieve, would you be refering to mails that have triggered the mailing list? Basically a list of all hte emails sent out over the course of time?
rob

Re: Mailing List Archive

Postby m1byo » Fri May 22, 2009 11:35 am

Yes.

The reasoning is mainly because there are a couple of people (one in particular) who do not seem to recieve all of the emails sent out on the mailing list and it does not matter if the emails are relayed through a 3rd party mail relay or directly from AMS and so I have implimented the system which adds an incremental number for each email sent out on that mailing list so they can track that they have missed one. They can then go and look at the archive online to see what they have actually missed.

Thanks very much

Ian
m1byo

Return to Suggestions