Conditional auto-reply

Conditional auto-reply

Postby wxPhil » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:02 am

I woulsd like (perhaps I already can and am being dumb...) to be able to use the "Enable white-list" feature in conjunction woth the auto-reply fetaure, so that mail from white-listed addresses comes through as normal, but all others are deleted and an auto-reply message sent back to the sender.... could that be possible?
best regards
Phil
wxPhil

Re: Conditional auto-reply

Postby rob » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:43 am

Presently auto-replies are sent to any email that hits an account (providing it contains the sender information). This means that you would need to setup the whitelist probably within the SPAM settings or content filtering. Of course the SPAM white list will affect all other domains and accounts and can cause problems, but content filtering can be setup so each whitelist (within a single rule) affects only a specific email account.
rob

Postby wxPhil » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:58 pm

Thanks... on this, is it possible to increase the number of spam filters within an individual email account? Or is this a llimitation of the licence type?
wxPhil

Postby rob » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:20 am

If you are referring to the Custom Filters available in the actual users themselves then this can indeed be increased. Simply access the group settings and adjust the Max Custom Filters option to an higher value. By default this is of course set to 5.
rob

Postby wxPhil » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:42 am

OK... Is there a particular reason why this is et to 5 - for that matter, why is there a limit at all? Is it a bad idea to increase this significantly? Performance-wise, perhaps...?
Just wonderin'... thanks for your replies...
wxPhil

Postby rob » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:02 am

The value has been the default since 2003 and so I believe it was originally a performance setting. However, you have made a very good point and so I will make a request for this to be lifted to a more acceptable number. Thanks.
rob

Return to Suggestions