Multiple Domains on Static Routes

Multiple Domains on Static Routes

Postby m1byo » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:32 pm

Hello,

I dont know if this has been suggested before but it is a feature I find a lot more user friendly on one of the exchange servers I manage.

Rather than having 1 static route per domain, you have 1 static route per outgoing mail route conifguration and then you include a list of all of the domains this applies to.

I currently have 2 different outgoing routes:
1. independent mode for most domains
2. external SMTP relay service for the troublesome domains

at the moment I have about 20-30 static routes defined with exactly the same information for the troublesome domains and this would make it possible to have 2 static routes defined supporting all of the domains!

To extend it slightly further,it would be very nice if there could be multiple routes defined which may include a specific domain name in more than 1 of these routes, these could then be proritised in order (as per content filtering) and so if the first route fails it falls back onto the next route.

Thanks very much

Ian
m1byo

Re: Multiple Domains on Static Routes

Postby Code Crafters » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:25 am

We are already planning to add static routes with mutliple domains for the same route as well as a new queue priority system. I'm not sure about the multiple static routes for one domain but we'll certainly consider that as well. This update will most likely be after the release of Ability Mail Server 3 next year hopefully.
Code Crafters

Return to Suggestions