images inline when composing

images inline when composing

Postby Ikon » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:30 pm

I'm probably showing my ignorance of HTML here, but I would love to be able to paste images into HTML formatted emails when composing, like I can with other email clients such as Outlook. AMS displays images just fine when it receives them with inline images, but I haven't been able to find a way to create an email in AMs that has inline images. Maybe it's just me. Am I missing something?
Ikon

Re: images inline when composing

Postby Code Crafters » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:08 am

The way HTML works is that the email contains an attachment in a seperate part of the mail then the HTML references that attachment as an image within the HTML. Therefore, to add an image in the HTML content you have to attach the image to the mail first then in the HTML compose bar click the Add Image button to add the image to the mail, setting the alignment and optional link to follow when the image is clicked.
Code Crafters

Re: images in-line when composing

Postby hecklertm » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:42 pm

Hi. I found this thread and it appears the original post was a similar issue to mine. I do not understand why the webmail interface cannot preserve the original email when forwarding a message within the body for the forwarded message. You allow the original message to be attached, but you do not let it be included in the body like a normal email client, only the text in the body. Is this an issue that you plan to improve soon? Today, popular webmail clients operate exactly like non web-based clients. I hate the fact that when I forward a message to someone they always respond that they could not see what I was talking about. Then I have to say, no you need to open the attachment. Seems a little hokey. Love your product otherwise..
hecklertm

Re: images inline when composing

Postby Code Crafters » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:27 am

Text can be inserted below a new reply or forward. However, HTML requires complex parsing and therefore isn't currently included but if you switch to text mode you should see the text version of this.

We are working on a new fully web based Ability Mail Server 3 at the moment which will include a full admin and webmail interface re-write using database settings with entity framework, .net 4 and ASP.Net MVC 2 (new feature only just out this year). If not in the first version of the new WebMail I'll try to get a HTML parser for WebMail included in an AMS 3.xx update.

Ability Mail Server 3.xx won't be complete until the end of 2011 at the earliest. However, we're releasing another update for Ability FTP Server 2 and Ability Mail Server 2 in the coming weeks. Ability FTP Server 2 update should be out later this week hopefully. You can join our mailing list at http://www.code-crafters.com/mailinglists.html to be informed when new updates are released so you can stay up to date.
Code Crafters

Return to Suggestions