View Administration Web Interface

View Administration Web Interface

Postby m1byo » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:23 pm

Hello,

One of the installations of AMS I manage requires allowing managers to be able to view the configuration of AMS, however at the same time I do not want them to be able to change any settings as the configurations are set to match the main exchange server for the company. At the moment this is implimented by me actually logging in and providing them with the appropriate information.

The first request would be:
Would it be possible to have a username/password similar to the Administrator account which would allow a user to be able to view the settings for the mail server, but not edit the settings on the server.

Also, to grow on that request:
it would be good if the username/password setup (multiple usernames/passwords) could be locked to certain domains so the person viewing the system could only look at the configuration applicable to certain domains.
This will mean that there are various settings such as the Services (General, SMTP, POP3, IMAP etc) which will be common for all viewers but the user account information would only be visible for the appropriate Viewwer.

The information on both of these requests is more of the entire server configuration, rather than just the options available in the webmail domain administraton.

Thanks very much

Ian
m1byo

Re: View Administration Web Interface

Postby rob » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:04 pm

I have taken note of your suggestions and forwarded them to the rest of the team. One change on what you suggest that could be useful could be some kind of report of all settings generated within the domain admin part of WebMail. This way the domain admin's wouldn't need to have full access, but would instead be able to view a HTML page summoning up the settings of the services, I also suppose this could be controllable by yourself in which areas to include (ie. antivirus/SPAM type settings).
rob

Re: View Administration Web Interface

Postby m1byo » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:04 pm

I think a full HTML based report which you could select what to / not to include would be a perfect solution for what I was suggesting.

It could then be hosted on the server or printed / saved and emailed.

Thanks

Ian
m1byo

Return to Suggestions