More control at user level

More control at user level

Postby sterling » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:37 pm

One request I get often is how to turn off grey listing feature at the account level; which cannot be done except at the server level.
sterling

Re: More control at user level

Postby rob » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:12 am

With all other SPAM filters, its possible to set it up so that the SPAM flag is simply set and processed later (the user can edit their settings to direct SPAM to a particular folder or simply delete it). However, because of how the grey listing mechanic works, this isnt possible. The only real option in this situation is to simply white list the user in the SPAM settings (by adding the users email address to the white list receipient list).
rob

Postby m1byo » Wed May 19, 2010 2:11 pm

At the moment the Spam whitelist will allow for emails sent to a listed email address to skip greylisting. At the same time, it also then prevents all other spam filtering from being applies.

Would it be possible to include email addresses, domains in the "Greylist Safe IPs" section (so it would become the "Greylist Whitelist"), similar to the global whitelist so that other spam protection could still be applied.

This would also allow for certain spam features to be enabled for only some domains rather than globally or not!

Thanks

Ian
m1byo

Postby rob » Mon May 24, 2010 6:02 pm

Thank you for the suggestion. With the white list providing this I can see this technically being possible and easy enough to implement. I have therefore have made a note and passed it along to the rest of the team for consideration. Originally the smaller 'IP white lists' were intended for just that, simply white lists intended to prevent backups from being blocked. However, as we have extended the mail server, the introduction of white/black listing does give the option to improve upon that. I believe it was considered when we first introduced email based filters in the lists, but due to the ever present attempts to keep the server as simple as possible, we choose IP only.
rob

Return to Suggestions