Compose Window Size

Compose Window Size

Postby Ikon » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:54 pm

Does anyone have any idea why the Compose window in WebMail is so short? I don't understand why WebMail can't use the entire screen (i.e. resize itself dynamically like most programs). I'm using Internet Explorer, and it has been the same for years, with many different versions of IE. I've also tried it with Chrome with similar results.

Am I missing something? I only just read in these forums how to get in-line images in a message when composing (yay), so maybe there's a setting I don't know about that would fix the Compose Window size. BTW, although it is taller, the Inbox Window also does not dynamically resize to use the entire screen, which I think it should.
Ikon

Re: Compose Window Size

Postby Jodrik » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:57 pm

In Code-Crafters\Ability Mail Server 3\webmailenhanced\Original\_compose.html you can alter this in your template.

The default is on line 157 tot line 169:
Code: Select all
                      <tr>
                        <td colspan="3"><br>
                          ####IF:IS_HTMLMODE:INSERT:
                          <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
<!--
//Usage: writeRichText(fieldname, html, width, height, buttons, readOnly)
writeRichText('bodyhtml', '@@@@BODYHTML@@@@', '100%', 245, true, false);
//-->
</script>
                          ########IFNOT:IS_HTMLMODE:INSERT:
                          <textarea name="bodytext" rows="15" cols="76" style="width: 100%; height: 295">@@@@BODYTEXT@@@@</textarea>
                          ####</td>
                      </tr>
Jodrik

Re: Compose Window Size

Postby Ikon » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:35 pm

Thanks very much Jodrik. That makes a huge difference. It still seems a little odd that the width can be a % but the height cannot. In any case, the window is much more usable now.
Ikon

Return to Suggestions