Spam Whitelist - External Addition

Spam Whitelist - External Addition

Postby m1byo » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:58 am

We have a very large customer database which we would like to whitelist email addresses which are in here so they do not get caught by the grey-listing feature, we would also like to include a web-page on the server which would add another email address to the whitelist.

The easiest way for us to impliment this and manage this function would be to have the spam-white-list in a separate file (either CSV or separate line per email address). (this would also facilitate the writing some very simple applications to manage the whitelist as well).

would this be possible in a future release?

Thanks

Ian
m1byo

Re: Spam Whitelist - External Addition

Postby Code Crafters » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:25 am

We are already planning on adding separate files for many lists like this but can't promise when this will be. For now, this only possible by editing the "spamwhitelist" setting from the SMTP.ini file directly. Note that you can append this line again to the bottom of the existing INI file to replace it. External changes to INI files are updated into the mail server settings every settings auto-reload interval set in the general settings and is every 30 minutes by default.
Code Crafters

Postby m1byo » Fri May 09, 2008 4:14 pm

Hello Chris,

Thank you for the information, just so I am clear, the spamwhitelist= line in the smtp.ini, can I have more than one of these to keep adding to the spam whitelist, or is it one of these for the whole list and whichever is found last wins?

thanks

Ian
m1byo

Postby Code Crafters » Mon May 12, 2008 11:21 am

There is just one line for this and the last one will overwrite all others when loaded into the mail server on initialising and external file resynchronization (every 30 mins by default: general settings). The same is true for all INI file settings.
Code Crafters

Postby m1byo » Tue May 20, 2008 8:45 am

Thank you very much for your help, I have now written a small application which adds any email addresses passed to it as a csv parameter to the whitelist if they are not already there.

if anyone would like it then I can I am more than happy to share and will send you the exe and my source code!
m1byo

Return to Suggestions