Please display the logged in email account

Please display the logged in email account

Postby Ikon » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:03 am

Right now, the Welcome page shows the currently logged in email account. I would like the same info displayed on the Compose, Inbox, Address Book, File Store, and Options pages. It would be great if it could be displayed to the right of the large page title near the top left of each page.

I keep several email accounts logged in all day long at the Inbox page. It can be difficult to quickly tell which account I'm looking at.

thank you.
Ikon

Re: Please display the logged in email account

Postby rob » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:43 am

Thank you for you feedback, I have passed this along to the rest of the team. I understand the benifit this would allow, but as it is presently this would require a few dramatic changes in how WebMail works to be supported naturally. However, what you could do is create a welcome page that is infact framework of other pages. It would take a bit of editing but you could create a hybrid which contains all the pages you desire. Of course the downside is that you may need to edit all the various pages so that any excessive HTML is shaved off to allow for maximum usage of space (as it is now, the graphical thrills and spills on each page would make this awkard and ugly).
rob

Postby Ikon » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:34 pm

I'm really surprised that this represents such a drastic change. I was thinking all it would require is the addition of a small bit of HTML, or maybe Java, to display the email address, since it must by that time already be known to the system (because the user is already logged in). I am a programmer, but I'm by no means an HTML expert, so I differ to your judgement.
Ikon

Postby rob » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:34 am

Sorry I must apoligise, I had misunderstood your original question and what you have requested is infact quite possible without much editing at all. Please ignore my previous response, basically this is possible by simply adding the field tag ####USERADDRESS#### to each of the appropiate pages. This will be replaced by the users email address. I would also recommend reading the following tutorial...

http://www.code-crafters.com/abilitymai ... lates.html
rob

Return to Suggestions