TAG for reverse IP

TAG for reverse IP

Postby Jodrik » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:53 pm

I already mailed about this some time ago but just the last couple of days I've been very busy with a small means of creating our own SPAM trap linked to a private RBL listing that allows to permanently weed out annoying spammers.

But I came across a problem I have come across before: There is no means of outputting a reversed DNS string. No because it's purely private and I can modify how Ability looks up it's RBL string it can still work but it would be a great and novel addon to get a ####REVERSEIP#### field.

Regards,

Jodrik Krelekamp
KO3.net
Jodrik

Re: TAG for reverse IP

Postby Code Crafters » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:56 am

Most of the Field Tags are available in many systems but most of these are used in content filtering to allow you to make your own custom filters for almost any scenario. Please see http://www.code-crafters.com/abilitymai ... dtags.html for a full list of currently available tags. If you give me more information on whether you are trying to do this within RBLs or content filtering I will make a note of this suggestion and try to have it added in a future update if possible.
Code Crafters

Postby Jodrik » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:17 pm

What I would like to see is this:

Where the current ####FROMIP#### tag currently is the only IP related info one can get I would like to see one like the one used in the RBL server setup but then globally available to me in the form of a tag.

AKA: When a mail arives from 1.2.3.4 a tag that returns 4.3.2.1 as used with RBLs.

But as noted I already resolved this using the inbuilt possiblities: Parsing to my external program with ####FROMIP### and then using the RBL server parsed with #1#.#2#.#3#.#4#.rbl.example.net instead of in the reverse order. Although this is a working sollution for myself I would like to still see the reversable tag because off further development would allow 3rd parties to use our RBL servers.
Jodrik

Postby Code Crafters » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:03 am

Ah, now I understand what you are asking. I thought you meant a reverse DNS IP lookup which is something completely different. I'll forward your suggestion to see if it can be included in a future update as it wouldn't be very hard to do.
Code Crafters

Postby Jodrik » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:53 am

This was included in 2.71. Thank you for the help :)
Jodrik

Postby Code Crafters » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:18 pm

You're very welcome. We try to add in requested features when we can, especially when they're small updates like this one was.
Code Crafters

Return to Suggestions