A few suggestions:

A few suggestions:

Postby Vandulus » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:53 pm

First off, thanks for such a great product. I've been running Ability Mail Server for the past 2.5 years and it's run flawlessly!
I'd like to make a few suggestions that would make this even better:

1) For the Web interface, allow the user to specify how many e-mails to show per page. On a large monitor, 25 is too short a list (especially when wading through 300+ messages).
2) Under Filters and Spam, allow more than 5 rules to be added.
3) Add an option under the web interface, to reply as HTML e-mail. Otherwise, replying to an HTML e-mail defaults to text and the changing that to HTML wipes out the previous e-mail.
4) Last of all, the ability to specify alternating row colors in the web interface would greatly increase the readability.
Vandulus

Re: A few suggestions:

Postby Code Crafters » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:57 am

1) For the Web interface, allow the user to specify how many e-mails to show per page. On a large monitor, 25 is too short a list (especially when wading through 300+ messages).

You can control the max emails per page in the admin interface settings via Services -> WebMail on the Sessions page.

2) Under Filters and Spam, allow more than 5 rules to be added.

You can control the max custom filters in the admin interface settings via Accounts -> Groups for the user's group.

3) Add an option under the web interface, to reply as HTML e-mail. Otherwise, replying to an HTML e-mail defaults to text and the changing that to HTML wipes out the previous e-mail.

You can control to compose in HTML by default in the admin interface settings via Accounts -> Users on the WebMail Options tab or via the WebMail settings via Advanced Options with the setting Compose in HTML Format by Default. This affects composing as well as replies and forwards.

4) Last of all, the ability to specify alternating row colors in the web interface would greatly increase the readability.

I agree that this would be a good idea but the problem is that read / unread emails already show in different colors so if you have any ideas on how we can keep this functionality but improve it please let me know your ideas.
Code Crafters

Postby m1byo » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:35 pm

You can control the max emails per page in the admin interface settings via Services -> WebMail on the Sessions page.

This would be very good as a user definable option so that each user can select longer/shorter when they are viewing the pages, either in their options or in a selection box on screen.

I agree that this would be a good idea but the problem is that read / unread emails already show in different colors so if you have any ideas on how we can keep this functionality but improve it please let me know your ideas.

What about (keeping the theme of AMS webmail here!!!) a light blue background alternating with a white for the line selection, with the Unread emails appearing in bold??
m1byo

Postby Vandulus » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:29 pm

You can control to compose in HTML by default in the admin interface settings via Accounts -> Users on the WebMail Options tab or via the WebMail settings via Advanced Options with the setting Compose in HTML Format by Default. This affects composing as well as replies and forwards.

I'd like to be able to reply either as text or HTML based upon the e-mail. As it stands now, the body of the message becomes empty if I try to switch from one format to the other.
Vandulus

Postby Code Crafters » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:50 am

I have noted both of m1byo's suggestions for consideration in future updates.

As for the HTML / text thing i've just retested to check this and you can switch between HTML and text reply modes and still view the mail body provided the email actually contains both HTML and text sections which all good mail clients will provide. If you compose in WebMail as HTML or text then try to reply and switch between both modes you will see that the body is preserved for each vewing type since our WebMail composing includes both text and HTML sections which are seperate sections within the source of the email.
Code Crafters

Postby Vandulus » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:44 pm

I checked into the blank body field when replying/forwarding an HTML e-mail and have confirmed this happened with 2.63 using Opera 9.63 on both Windows and Mac, but not with IE 7.x. For whatever reason, the way the body content is being passed doesn't work with Opera.
Vandulus

Postby Code Crafters » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:55 am

Ah that clears that up then. I've made a note for this to be tested and hopefully fixed in the next update.
Code Crafters

Return to Suggestions