Block IP command in content filter

Block IP command in content filter

Postby sillyme » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:04 pm

I seem to find spam with the content filter that passes the spam score. Would like to block the IP for a temporary time. What I see is that if there is one there are many mesages coming through. from the same ip. Could also control the world location and/or octet wild card in the ip.

Thanks
sillyme

Re: Block IP command in content filter

Postby Code Crafters » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:24 am

This is not easy to control within content filtering alone. What you need is, under some content filter conditions, to add an IP to a list and then have another content filter rule block the IP based on a condition check of that list. You would have a blocking content filter rule followed by the the detection content filter rule. The best way currently to achieve this is to write an application that can be triggered by content filtering with appropriate arguments. In one mode it would simply add an IP to the list if it didn't already exist together with a triggered time value. In another mode it would check if an IP is already in the list, after first deleting any that had already expired a certain time length. This isn't too difficult if you have a programmer to write such an application for you but I'm not sure if it's a common enough problem for us to add all this to content filtering. It may even be better suited as a different filter maybe. I'll forward your suggestion to the team for consideration in a future update.
Code Crafters

Return to Suggestions