Mailbox threshold warnings

Mailbox threshold warnings

Postby ChrisP » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:38 pm

As an admin I find that I have users ringing me up telling me that their mailbox is full quite often. I would prefer to be able to pre-emptivly resolve these issues without them even knowing (or at least be expecting their call). So:

How about a way for Ability to send an email when the accounts reach a certain percentage of their max limit ?

ie. In each domain config have a separate tab or something where you can:

Enable/Disable the threshold notifications for the domain.

Set Threshold 1 value (percentage value, 0%-100%)
- E-mail address(es) to send notifications to for Threshold 1
- Copy the notification to the user? (yes/no)
Set Threshold 2 value (percentage value, 0%-100%)
- E-mail address(es) to send notifications to for Threshold 2
- Copy the notification to the user? (yes/no)

PS. 0% would disable that threshold level notification, 100% would notify when full.

It might be nice to be able to apply a default at the top (mailserver) level which applies to all domains (but if you set at the domain level then it overrides the default set at the top level).

What do people think ?

Cheers
Chris
ChrisP

Re: Mailbox threshold warnings

Postby sillyme » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:47 pm

I like that idea.

You may also tie it to an auto delete feature. After so many warnings it reduces by x percent.
sillyme

Postby Code Crafters » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:53 am

This is something we are already considering for a future update. This includes both warnings and an option to start deleting the oldest mails first to free up room.
Code Crafters

Postby ChrisP » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:19 pm

Was this suggestion ever implimented ?

Thanks
Chris
ChrisP

Postby Code Crafters » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:47 am

All of our suggested features will eventually be implemented. We are currently working on Ability FTP Server 2 due for release just after the new year; possibly beta testing by the end of 2009 if we're lucky enough to get it finished in time. This update will add a remote installable completely re-written admin interface completely separate from the main application running as a service with a service watchdog to restart the service if it ever fails. The fully remote installable admin interface will mean that you can use this richer admin interface instead of the web admin interface from anywhere controlling as many servers as you want. We are also adding several internal upgrades including INI file support as with AMS and much more advanced monitoring and reporting.

Once we have released this project we hope to release the same new code and features into AMS3 hopefully by mid-2010. This is a much bigger project which is why we've tested out the new features on AFS first as it's much simpler with only a single service and remote admin. After the initial AMS3 update we hope to upgrade many systems including mailing lists (bounce back failure removals and other features), POP3 retrievals (new IMAP4 retrievals and migration tool), outgoing mail (queue viewer and new queue priorities). We also hope to implement many new domain level features such as more domain specific admin and more domain level settings to help people renting domains out to customise domain features more for their clients. I will again re-mention your feature suggestion to the team. It's already in our to-do list (which is quite large; so be patient we'll get there eventually). We're working round the clock at the moment to add major upgrades to both of our existing software and possibly add new software as well in the coming years.
Code Crafters

Postby ChrisP » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:17 pm

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the response. The new version sounds great.

Chris
ChrisP

Return to Suggestions