DomainKey support

DomainKey support

Postby tonykazee » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:37 pm

Does anyone know if support for DomainKey (IETF RFC 4871) is planned?

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4871

Thanks,
Tony Kazee
tonykazee

Re: DomainKey support

Postby Code Crafters » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:31 am

This is not planned for any near future updates but I will forward your suggestion for consideration in future updates. For now, SPF records can be used to protect against unauthorised users sending mail from your domains. The DomainKey method would also help in proving the authenticity of a mail as with client based digital signatures.
Code Crafters

Postby lreid » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:04 pm

Hi. Not having support for domainkeys maybe the reason why our mail server isn't able to send e-mail to yahoo addresses. Our mail server and DNS entries are correct and e-mail is delivered to all but yahoo (well, possibly BT and Freeserve also but yahoo are the main problem). I have read various blogs which state that yahoo use domainkeys and that the sending mail server should support them if trying to sending to yahoo. I don't know if this is 100% correct but if it is then not having domainkeys support on AMS is a problem. Is there still no plan to support domainkeys? Regards, Lloyd
lreid

Postby Code Crafters » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:29 am

We will reasearch into this and try to implement it as soon as we can. We are currently working on AMS 3 and AMS 2.62 so I can't promise when this will be done but will try to fit it into the next update if it's easy to implement.
Code Crafters

Postby sterling » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:18 pm

Do you have any idea when the DomainKey feature will be supported? I too am having issues with Yahoo and I kind of think this may have something to do with it. I do not have any issues with any others just Yahoo and am not on any blacklists.
sterling

Postby sterling » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:59 am

FYI- I tried to sign up with Yahoo for their feedback loop system but they said this:
"Senders who wish to participate in the Complaint Feedback Loop program are required to sign their outbound email with DomainKeys and/or DKIM, both of which are email authentication technologies that Yahoo! Mail utilizes to determine the actual sender of an email. (We do not offer feedback loops based on a sender's IP addresses or CIDR ranges.)"

Then they also said this:
"If you have yet to utilize domain-based email authentication, we encourage you to consider DKIM, which is the successor to DomainKeys."
sterling

Postby Code Crafters » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:49 am

It's highly incompatible for yahoo to demand all mail servers support this technology. Ability Mail Server does not currently support this and we've had very little suggestions asking for it. However, I'll bump the feature up the list to be considered in future updates renaming the technology to the newer version named DKM.
Code Crafters

Postby sterling » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:51 pm

I hope this can be added in very soon. We have been using AMS since 2003 and would hate to have to move to another system. However we have to make sure our emails are delivered to Yahoo and the Feedback Loop is important so we can be notified of possible spamming issues from our system so we can fix any issue before getting blocked. I agree it is not fair for Yahoo to require this and I told them my software doesn't support it but they don't seem to care.
sterling

Return to Suggestions