RBLs

RBLs

Postby billmez » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:41 pm

I am only running RBLs and would like a way to exclude outgoing mail from checking. I am using SMTP authentication and pop before smtp for all outgoing connections.

Can this feature be added into a future version as the lag in sending mail is quite annoying.

thanks
billmez

Re: RBLs

Postby Code Crafters » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:52 am

See my answer to your last post for an explanation on how to achieve this. I would also recommend you run the latest version 2.60 to get all 10 SPAM filters available to you. Once updated, you should run the available SPAM filtering wizard setting to medium level protection with Transaction Delays disabled if you have a busy mail server. This will remove any faulty RBLs causing a delay and also add many new preset RBLs. We are changing the Transaction Delays default values to be off or extremely low for medium level filtering in the next update version 2.61 as this is quite a harsh filter that can slow down busy mail servers.
Code Crafters

Postby billmez » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:33 pm

Thanks for the response Chris. So from what I gather, the setting for Allowed Relaying Access skips RBL checking also?

I used to receive email notices when AMS was updated but haven't for some time. Have you discontinued them? I don't often check for updates since my server is remote and the notice was helpful.

I also have to say that I have been using AMS for several years now on a fairly busy mail server and it has proven to be a very stable and dependable server. I have also never had a problem updating the software. Version 2 was a great improvement over version 1, and with each update, it keeps on getting better. I am sure version 3 will keep this tradition going. You have also kept to your word keeping version upgrades priced reasonably. In my opinion AMS is the best value available in mail server software on the Windows platform, and you can quote me on this.

Thanks,
Bill
billmez

Postby Code Crafters » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:47 am

Yes, the Relaying exemption option, like White Listing in version 2.60, skips all SPAM filters including RBLs. We still send out version update notifications. If you are no longer receiving them, re-add yourself to our updates mailing list. Thanks for your comments. I have added them to our new testimonials page on our site.
Code Crafters

Return to Suggestions