Default Webmail Template Suggestion

Default Webmail Template Suggestion

Postby Matt » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:27 pm

I use the default webmail templates, and make very few changes to them. One change I think would be useful, and could be included on the default web templates would be a change to the _index.html file. I add the following code to the body tag:

onload="document.form1.user.focus()"

This puts the cursor in the User: field when the page is loaded. This change would be general enough to add to the default web templates, and I think would benefit us users who make very little changes to the web templates.

Just a Thought,
Matt
Matt

Re: Default Webmail Template Suggestion

Postby rob » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:52 am

Thanks, an autofocus is something we have considered several times before and of course it is very simple to add. Up until now we have avoided adding this as sometimes if a page is slow to load, the autofocus can jump the curser back to the username box while the user is typing their password. However, I will re-present this to the rest of the team.
rob

Postby BBMB32 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:24 am

This was working when I updated to 2.61, but recently noticed it isn't working. What should I be checking for?
BBMB32

Postby rob » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:05 pm

In 2.61 we did indeed add the auto focus ability to WebMail. However, the only thing that could really break this is if WebMail has been modified or reverted. If you re-install 2.61 your setting will be safe and your default WebMail template files will be restored. Of course any modification to the tempalte should be backed up or simply moved to another location to avoid overwrite.
rob

Return to Suggestions