Make spam list more flexible

Make spam list more flexible

Postby Technative » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:22 pm

Recently I have been receiving spam messages from addresses that cannot be added to the spam-list.
AMS simply does not accept these addresses, as they are not valid email addresses (for example "BetterMortgage4U" is not a valid email address). This cannot be added to the Spam list. It would be great if the spam-list could also include this type of entries.

Many thanks!
Technative

Re: Make spam list more flexible

Postby rob » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:33 am

When you say SPAM list I assume you mean the block list accessible from within WebMail. This indeed as far as I know is only limited to full email addresses but this could easily be adjusted to allow *s. I will make this recommendation to the rest of the team. In the meantime I should note that the SPAM filter black list can allow just this now.
rob

Postby Technative » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:36 pm

Sorry... Indeed I mean the block list.

Thanks for your effort!
Technative

Postby m1byo » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:06 am

On that note, could it be included so that the spam filter would block invalid from / sender addresses so that the user wouldnt have to block the emails in the first place? (This may work hand in hand with the suggestion of checking that the sender domain actually exists (internal or external to the server))

Thanks very much,

Ian
m1byo

Return to Suggestions