Display and sort by Bayesian score in Webmail

Display and sort by Bayesian score in Webmail

Postby jum » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:42 am

Every day i sort through our mail server's quarantine account and add as many spam and clean examples to the bayesian filter as time allows. My main method at the moment of doing this is to have the bayesian score added to the beggining of the subject and then sort by the subject in webmail. However as there is over 23,000 in the quarantine folder changing to this sort invariably causes a timeout due to the time it takes to index by the subject.

It would be nice if we could add the bayesian score as a column (it would be best to allow the user to choose which columns they see also) in webmail and then be able to sort by this score.

It probably a big task but would improve the performance of the server.
jum

Re: Display and sort by Bayesian score in Webmail

Postby rob » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:40 am

In our future plans we do intend to change how mails are stored so we can add extra features such as secure file storage, more efficient access and more (a date for this update is yet unset). Although this will improve searching still, at present indexing the subject and other search data isn't on our plans, but I will make a suggestion to the rest of the team.
rob

Return to Suggestions