Calendar / Contacts / Tasks

Calendar / Contacts / Tasks

Postby m1byo » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:05 pm

Hello,

It would be nice to have support for the Outlook Calendar / Contacts included on the sever (similar to exchange server) and therefore these could be shared between outlook and webmail.

I change between Outlook (possiblity even on different PCs) and webmail on a regular basis. This is dependent on my location and what the local firewall will allow me to do, (some of which I have no control over to allow me to always use VPN, IMAP or sometimes even SMTP!!)

This would give the advantage of access to the calendar and contacts from any location using both outlook and webmail (which would be very very nice) as well as also including the contacts and calendar in any backups on the server.

I have met this on some of the open source mail servers I have previously investigated for linux (and after investigating these, I selected AMS and I am 100% sure I made the right decision), most of these mail servers impliment this interface with outlook by providing another little "outlook connector" application which is a com-addin to outlook.

I appreciate it is probably quite a far fetched possiblity, and AMS is great with or without it! but thought I would ask

Thanks very much

Ian
m1byo

Re: Calendar / Contacts / Tasks

Postby Technative » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:35 pm

I totally second that. Even if this feature would be built in into a more expensive version, I can image for many this would be a big argument to upgrade (I know it would make me want to upgrade...). This would probably be the most valuable addition you guys could make!

Thanks!
Technative

Re: Calendar / Contacts / Tasks

Postby rob » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:13 am

A calandar is certainly a commonly requested feature and something we feel is important too. Of course as you say, it is a large feature, and when we have researched into how this could be possible, we discovered it would be a rather large project. However, although we don't have plans for this in version 3, it is planned and will very likely appear later down the line.
rob

Return to Suggestions