just installed Ability FTP

just installed Ability FTP

Postby varouj » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:59 am

:cry: :cry: :cry: Hi,
I had Ability 1.x and just purchased and installed the latest version. How can I move the user accounts and folder settings from the old vresion into the new one? Both versions are installed on the same Windows 7 64-bit workstations. Installing on top of the existing folder didn't do the job.
Thank you
varouj

Re: just installed Ability FTP

Postby Code Crafters » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:42 pm

You can click Tools -> Version 1.xx Import Tool from the new version to import all the settings from the original installation.

You can also just to copy the config folder from one installation to the other if you find that easier.
Code Crafters

Postby varouj » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:40 am

HI, Thank you for your reply, I did import the settings. closed the old version of Ability FTP and restart the service for the new one. But the new one is not working.
I have both versions running on the same computer. So for now, I stopped the service for the new version and started the old version so we can continue using FTP server.
Do I need to deactivate the old version for the new version to work? Or is there something else I'm missing?
Thank you
varouj

Postby Code Crafters » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:20 pm

I've replied to your emails but please post the solution on here once resolved so others can benefit from your post.
Code Crafters

Return to General