Reload Ini Files Without Restarting Server

Reload Ini Files Without Restarting Server

Postby Thog » Tue May 05, 2009 5:11 pm

I made a small PHP program to edit the INI files so I can add user accounts to AMS. The problem is I have to shut down the server and restart it for any of the changes to take effect. Is there a way to reload the .INI information without shutting and restarting the server.
Thog

Re: Reload Ini Files Without Restarting Server

Postby Thog » Tue May 05, 2009 9:41 pm

I didn't clarify... I don't want to reload the INI file every 1 minute or 5 minutes like optional in the settings... I'm looking for something like ability.exe /reloadini which would do it... This is because only when a user changes information should it need to reload, not all the time... I really think that you should have all the options available via ODBC... This would make things way way way easier. Setting up an email forwarding script is really hard having to read and write all the ini files over again...
Thog

Re: Reload Ini Files Without Restarting Server

Postby Code Crafters » Wed May 06, 2009 9:01 am

The auto-reload interval in the general settings you mentioned automatically loads in any external changes to INI or ODBC. This is set to every 30 minutes by default but you can change this to more frequent (e.g. 1 or 5 mins) if you want to. Please see http://www.code-crafters.com/abilitymai ... files.html for more help on editing INI files. Please also see my reply to your other earlier forum post about ODBC.
Code Crafters

Return to General