filtering on redirections

filtering on redirections

Postby talha » Sat May 09, 2009 9:11 am

There is an option of using redirections in user accounts - this simply redirects all incoming email for this user to the specified account.

These include both emails received by AMS directly and retrieved through pop3. Can I create a rule for all/some users NOT to redirect emails retrieved through pop3 but only those received directly by AMS?

2. In the conditions list in content filtering what is the difference between: "Any Body Text Line Matches" & "Any Message Text Line Matches" ... I think "body text condition" checks the body of every email and "message text condition" checks messages generated by AMS like failure messages .. am I correct?
talha

Re: filtering on redirections

Postby Code Crafters » Sat May 09, 2009 11:13 am

1) Instead of using user redirections, you'd have to use content filtering for the users that need more picky redirection. You can use the conditions "SMTP Recipient CONTAINS user@domain.com" AND NOT "Custom Event CONTAINS ORIGIN-POP3" then use the action Add Recipient to also redirect the mail to the extra user. Note there are 3 possible origin points: ORIGIN-SMTP, ORIGIN-WEBMAIL and ORIGIN-POP3RETR.

2) An Email is made up a a header section (To, From, Subject header lines etc.) then a blank line then the body section (text, html, attachments). The condition for header is the header, body is the body and message is the whole mail (i.e. header and body sections).
Code Crafters

Return to General